This Cajun salmon wedge salad is loaded with salmon, iceberg lettuce, bacon, red onion, blue cheese, tomato, and ranch dressing. It's a great main dish or side dish to serve with your favorite dinners.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- It's topped with tender salmon coated in Cajun seasoning for a spicy kick.
- It's an impressive salad that can be made in 30 minutes.
- It's loaded with toppings full of flavors and textures.
Cajun Salmon BLT Wedge Salad Ingredients
How to Make Cajun Salmon BLT Wedge Salad
- Cook the salmon.
- Assemble the salad.
Tasty Tips & Ideas
- Meal prep the salad. Quick and easy lunches in a snap!
- Add other toppings like avocado, hard boiled eggs, olives, red bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers.
- Use other dressings like blue cheese, Caesar, or balsamic vinaigrette.
- Try other cheeses like goat cheese, feta cheese, cheddar, or parmesan.
If you expect there will be leftover salad, I recommend serving the dressing on the side rather than on top of the salad. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
This salad can be meal prepped up up to 3 days ahead of time. Let the salmon completely cool before placing it on the salad or store it separately. Keep the dressing separate from the salad and dress just before serving.
More Salad Recipes You'll Love
Cajun Salmon BLT Wedge Salad with Ranch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound salmon sliced into filets
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce sliced into wedges
- 6 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ½ cup tomato diced
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- In a skillet on medium high heat, add the oil and let it heat until it's hot and shimmering. Coat the salmon in Cajun seasoning and cook the salmon for 3 minutes on each side. Adjust the cooking time based on thickness and preference. Set the salmon aside on a plate.
- Assemble the salad on a large plate. Layer on the iceberg lettuce wedges, bacon, red onion, blue cheese, and tomato. Place the salmon on top and drizzle on ranch dressing.