You have not lived until you've tried this pasta bake. Carbs, ham, chicken, cheese in a creamy Alfredo inspired sauce-- need I say more?
Funny enough I've never had chicken cordon bleu and can't remember what inspired me to make this recipe but it's been on our menu rotation for a couple of years!
It's so rich, creamy and cheesy! A definite crowd pleaser and can be on the table in 30 minutes!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups half and half (or two cups heavy cream and two cups whole milk)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, cook in a skillet and let it rest for 10 minutes then dice.
- Sauce: In a saucepan on medium heat, add butter, half and half and cream cheese. Carefully whisk until melted and combined. Add garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add Parmesan cheese and mix until well incorporated about 2-3 minutes. The sauce will be thin but will thicken once you bake it with the pasta.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pasta, ham, chicken, peas and sauce then pour into a baking pan. Top with swiss cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes then broil on high for five minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let the pasta stand for 10-15 minutes then serve. Happy nomming!