This is the perfect breakfast for holiday mornings - it reminds me of a wreath, but better because you can eat it! I made this on a whim and picked up the ingredients from one of my favorite grocery stores, Aldi!
One of the first things that attracted me to Aldi was they sell Hass avocados for under a dollar. If you're an avocado lover, you know these babies can go up to $2.50 each! I love that I never feel like I have to buy whatever's "on sale" at Aldi and their generic brands are just as good as name brands at other stores. I appreciate their quality foods at affordable prices and rely on them for pantry and fridge staples every week.
You can make this easy recipe with all ingredients from Aldi!
This breakfast ring is impressive and looks like you put in a lot of effort but it's so easy and delicious. Perfect for feeding a crowd or if you're like me, you will probably want to eat the whole thing yourself!
Easy Breakfast Crescent Ring
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz pork sausage
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tb green onions, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a skillet to medium high heat and spray with cooking oil. Beat eggs with a tablespoon of water, salt & pepper as desired. Add to the skillet and cook until just set, stirring occasionally. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet on medium high heat, add sausage and cook until browned and cooked through for about 10 minutes. Break up the sausage into smaller pieces with your spatula.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and face the widest side of the roll towards the center of the circle, repeat with additional rolls overlapping slightly. Add egg, 1 ½ cups cheese and sausage on top of the ring. Pull points of the triangles into the center and tuck the dough under the ring. Top off with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Add scallions and enjoy!
- This recipe can easily be made with your cheese or breakfast meat of choice like bacon or pork roll or no meat at all.
- The meat and cheese already have salt so you don't need much. I usually stick to just pepper.