Whipped goat cheese topped with zesty pesto and smoky roasted red peppers. The perfect appetizer or side dish to accompany any meal. Serve with toasted bread or crackers.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- It's made in only 10 minutes!
- It's full of textures! As you know, I'm a textures gal and this dish is full of them. The creamy and fluffy goat cheese, pesto, and roasted red peppers pairs perfectly with the crispy crackers or crusty bread.
- It's full of flavors! The tanginess of the goat cheese pairs well with the nutty pesto and smoky roasted red peppers.
- It can be made ahead of time! This dish can easily be prepared a day ahead of time.
- It's a no cook appetizer! No need to turn on the stove to make this delicious dish!
- It's easily customizable! Each element of this dish can be changed for a different flavor profile.
Goat Cheese Pesto Dip Ingredients
- Goat cheese- the star of the show. You can also substitute with feta cheese, but the flavor will be different.
- Cream cheese- plain yogurt, sour cream, milk, or heavy cream can be substituted. You will need to play around with the measurements depending on what you use.
- Basil pesto- I used prepared basil pesto from Costco. Your favorite pesto or homemade will work just as well. You could even do a roasted red pepper pesto or use chimichurri.
- Roasted red peppers- I used a jar of roasted red peppers, but you can easily make it by roasting a red bell pepper over the stove until the skin is black and blistered. Cover it in a bowl until it's cooled then peel off the skin.
- Balsamic glaze- I used store bought balsamic glaze. You can also make your own with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Salt & pepper
How to Make Goat Cheese Pesto Dip with Roasted Red Peppers
- In a food processor, whip goat cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the whipped goat cheese on a plate and top with pesto, roasted red peppers, and balsamic glaze. Serve with toasted bread or crackers.
- Serve this on a wooden board for a fun presentation like this butter board.
- Experiment! This recipe is easily adaptable if you want to change up the flavors. Instead of basil pesto, you can try mixed herbs, olive tapenade, or even chimichurri. You can also switch out the roasted red peppers for blistered tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes. Other unique flavor combinations can be achieved by adding fruit, jams, or nuts.
Yes, this appetizer can be made a day or two ahead of time. It's the perfect easy appetizer if you're prepping a lot for a gathering or the holidays.
This is delicious with grilled or toasted crusty bread like a baguette, rustic bread, or crackers.
Goat Cheese Pesto Dip with Roasted Red Peppers
- 8-10 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, mix goat cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth and whipped.
- Spread it on a plate and top with pesto, roasted red peppers, and balsamic glaze. Serve with toasted crusty bread like a baguette, rustic bread, or crackers.