This three ingredient watermelon refresher is made with fresh watermelon, mint leaves, and lime juice. So refreshing and delicious!
Watermelon refresher is one of my favorite summer drinks. It's so easy to make ahead and keep a batch in the fridge for the week or for a party!
The super sweet watermelon is enhanced by fragrant mint leaves and sour lime juice.
It tastes even better as the days go on, as the mint and lime flavors infuse the refresher.
I like to strain the watermelon juice to remove the pulp but feel free to keep it! It tastes great either way!
All you need is watermelon, lime and mint!
How to Pick the Perfect Watermelon
Look for a watermelon with a yellow spot to ensure it's ripe and juicy. This is where the watermelon was sitting on the field and a yellow spot means it was vine ripened.
The watermelon should be heavy for its size and when you tap it, it should sound hollow.
Another indication of a sweet watermelon is a dull skin rather than a shiny one.
How to Make Watermelon Juice
- Blend watermelon until juiced.
- Pour the juice through a fine mesh sieve to remove the pulp.
- Stir in lime juice and mint leaves, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Make this a day ahead so the mint and lime juice flavors develop in the juice.
- Stir the watermelon refresher before serving to recombine the juice.
- For a boozy touch, add a splash of rum, tequila, or vodka and you've got yourself a cocktail!
More Drinks You'll Love
- 8 cups watermelon cubed
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh
- 1/4 cup mint leaves packed
- ice optional
- Blend watermelon until juiced. Pour the watermelon juice through a sieve and discard the pulp.
- Add lime juice and mint leaves. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir, and serve over ice if desired. Happy nomming!
- Use a spoon to push watermelon pulp through the sieve to extract as much juice as possible.
- Make this a day ahead for a stronger mint flavor.
- Adjust the lime juice and mint to your taste.
- Stir the watermelon refresher before serving as the juice will separate over time.
Leave a Reply