This vegetable cream cheese bagel spread is loaded with bell peppers, scallions, and carrots. Slather it on a toasted bagel, tortilla roll up, or use it as a vegetable dip. This homemade recipe is better than any store bought version and is made with fresh vegetables.
I included red and orange bell peppers, scallions, and carrots in my veggie cream cheese.
You can add in your favorite vegetables like cucumbers, jalapenos, celery, tomatoes, red onion, and herbs like chives, dill, or parsley.
To spice it up, try a dash of salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, or onion powder.
How to Make Vegetable Cream Cheese Bagel Spread
In a stand mixer on low speed, mix together cream cheese, bell peppers, scallions, and carrots.
This can be done in a mixing bowl with a spoon or food processor as well.
Vegetable Cream Cheese Serving Ideas
- Spread this on a toasted everything bagel or asiago bagel.
- Stuff it inside an everything bagel pretzel bomb.
- Use it in a everything bagel stuffed salmon for dinner.
- Spread it on a tortilla, roll it up, and slice to make pinwheels.
- Serve it with a side of crackers and fresh vegetables like cucumbers, red peppers, or celery.
Store vegetable cream cheese in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
I don't recommend freezing as it will change the texture of the cream cheese. Once thawed, it will be crumbly and hard to spread.
Vegetable Cream Cheese Bagel Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mixed bell peppers minced
- 1/4 cup carrots minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions thinly sliced
- In a stand mixer with the flat beater attachment, add all the ingredients for the vegetable cream cheese and mix on low speed until combined. Scrap down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Vegetable cream cheese can be combined in a mixing bowl with a spoon or food processor as well.
Leave a Reply