Whip up this easy grilled balsamic zucchini marinated in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and tons of herbs. The perfect everyday side dish.
This is my go to summer side dish. It's so quick to make and perfect for BBQs.
I also love making this outside of barbeques and keep a batch in the fridge. Gotta get those veggies in! And when they're this delicious, it's hard not to.
This recipe is inspired by my in laws! They once made grilled zucchini marinated in balsamic vinegar with Good Seasons Italian dressing mix for us on a camping trip.
Oh, and don't forget the beautiful grill marks with a smoky taste.
It's so simple but so good! I could eat an entire plate.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- It's quick & easy. Marinate zucchini slices for 30 minutes and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- It's flavorful. Zucchini is full of water and can be pretty bland but this zucchini is far from that. The balsamic vinegar provides acidity that is balanced with a little bit of sugar, and the combination of herbs add all the spice you need in your life.
- It's healthy. Full of nutrients and light on calories, this is a no brainer.
- Balsamic vinegar- red wine vinegar also works.
- Olive oil
- Garlic & onion powder
- Oregano, parsley, basil, thyme. Feel free to substitute the herbs with 2 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Sugar, salt & black pepper
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch slices lengthwise and place in a gallon sized plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the marinade to the zucchini and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill on medium high heat and cook the zucchini for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Slice the zucchini into roughly the same thickness, 1/4 inch, so they cook evenly.
- Cook the zucchini until it is tender crisp. This gives it a "bite" and prevents it from being mushy.
How do I store leftover balsamic zucchini?
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What can I serve balsamic zucchini with?
More Vegetable Side Dishes You'll Love
Grilled Balsamic Zucchini
- 3-4 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the zucchini in a gallon sized plastic bag or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and add the marinade to the zucchini. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium high heat and cook the zucchini for 3-4 minutes per side until tender crisp.
- Substitute herbs with 2 tsp Italian seasoning.