This stuffed cheesy bread is loaded with mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan cheeses. Dip these pull apart breadsticks in garlic butter or marinara sauce for an amazingly delicious appetizer.
This recipe is inspired by Domino's stuffed cheesy breadsticks. We used to order it often, so I wanted to find a way to make it at home! You know, save some dough. Pun intended.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- It's ultra cheesy. The combination of the mozzarella and sharp cheddar create those perfect cheese pulls!
- It's garlicky and buttery. The breadsticks are brushed with garlic butter with extra on the side for dipping!
- It's super easy to make! The homemade dough requires resting time, but other than that it's only about 40 minutes of prep and cooking time!
- Dough- Homemade dough is easier to make than you think! If you're in a pinch, use store bought pizza dough.
- Cheese- I used a mixture of mozzarella, sharp cheddar, and parmesan. Feel free to add other cheeses to the mix or substitute with asiago, provolone, Romano, gouda, or gruyere.
- Garlic butter- just like Domino's we're dipping these in garlic butter! You can also use extra virgin olive oil instead of butter.
- Herbs- I kept it simple with dried parsley. A mix of Italian seasonings like basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme would also taste amazing.
How to Make Mozzarella and Cheddar Stuffed Cheesy Bread
- Make the dough.
- Combine the cheese mixture.
- Form the cheesy bread.
- Top with more cheese.
- Brush with garlic butter.
Stuff the cheesy bread with other goodies just like pizza toppings.
Domino's has spinach and feta cheese, and bacon and jalapeño on their menu.
Have fun with it and stuff the cheesy bread with your favorite items.
- Caramelized onions
- Bell peppers
- Goat, swiss, provolone, gruyere, or gouda cheese
Dipping Sauces for Breadsticks
This recipe makes enough garlic butter for dipping!
I highly recommend dunking them in marinara sauce as well! My homemade classic marinara sauce is super easy to make, but any jarred sauce works as well!
Depending on your cheesy bread, you can also dip these in ranch dressing, barbeque sauce, or buffalo sauce!
Store leftovers in the an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in an oven at 350°F for 8 minutes.
Yes, you can use store bought pizza dough for this recipe.
Serve Stuffed Cheesy Bread with
- Creamy Cajun Salmon Pasta
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Ziti
- One Pot Sausage Peppers and Onions Pasta
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pasta Bake
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Hot Honey Pepperoni Ricotta Pizza
Mozzarella and Cheddar Stuffed Cheesy Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment on low speed to knead the dough ingredients for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the cheese mixture and set aside.
- Punch the dough down and divide it into two equal pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, roll a piece into a 10x8 inch rectangle. Spread 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture on the long half of the rectangle and fold the other side of the dough over. Press the edges to seal and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the other piece of dough.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut 8 one inch strips on both pieces of dough. Sprinkle on 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture on each cheesy bread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the garlic butter and brush some over the cheesy bread.
- Serve with the remaining garlic butter and marinara sauce if desired.