This Chinese sausage fried rice is addictingly delicious, you'll want to go back for seconds! Loaded with savory sausage, garlic, onions, peas, carrots, fluffy eggs, and seasonings. This fried rice is ready in 10 minutes!
I'm so excited to share with you my Chinese sausage fried rice recipe. This is a quick and easy dish that is so versatile and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand.
I love making fried rice on lazy days or clean out the fridge days. It's a delicious and satisfying meal loaded with veggies and protein.
My recipe uses a bunch of sauces but you can definitely make this with just soy sauce- increase the amount to your liking. The combination of my ingredients below create a yummy umami flavor and since the sausage and sauces provide saltiness, additional salt is not necessary.
If you haven't tried Chinese sausage, I highly encourage you to! Since I don't live close to an Asian market, I usually pick up Kam Yen Jan sausage from Costco.
Chinese sausage brings back childhood memories, I remember putting a couple links in with the rice cooker and the fat from the sausage instantly flavored the rice.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- It's super quick. Made in just 10 minutes!
- It's versatile. Use your favorite protein and veggies. It's a great clean out the fridge meal!
How to Make Chinese Sausage Fried Rice with Egg
- Scramble the eggs and set aside.
- Stir fry the Chinese sausage and onions.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Stir fry everything together.
3 Tasty Tips
- Prep your rice.
- Rinse your rice 2-3 times to get rid of excess starch which will result in rice that is less sticky and clumpy. I place my rice in a pot and fill it with water, agitate it with my hands, let the grains settle, then pour as much water out as possible. You can also use a sieve.
- Chill your rice. Freshly steamed rice is too soft and will not stir fry well. You can make the rice a day or two ahead of time, let it cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Be creative. You don't really need a recipe to make fried rice! Use leftover rice and whatever you have on hand. It's easy to make variations with your favorite veggies, protein or make a simple egg fried rice.
- Veggie Ideas: Zucchini, broccoli, bean sprouts, peppers, corn, spinach, cabbage, string beans
- Protein Ideas: Tofu, Beef, Ham, Pork, Steak, Shrimp, Chicken, Spam
- Use a large skillet or wok. Pick a pan with a large surface area for all the ingredients to spread out. You want as much of the rice to touch the pan as possible to fry and heat up the rest of the ingredients quickly. In a smaller pan where the ingredients are layered higher, more steam is created which could result in more sticky rice.
Definitely! Fried rice reheats well in the microwave or in a dry pan until hot. Fried rice is great for meal prep.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can even freeze it for a month.
You can typically find Kam Yen Jan sausage at Costco, your local Asian grocery store, or online.
More Fried Rice Recipes You'll Love
More Asian Recipes You'll Love to Serve with Fried Rice
- Chicken and Broccoli
- Pepper Steak with Onions
- Lemongrass Chicken Wings
- Chinese Salt and Pepper Fried Fish Fillet
- Thai Basil Chicken
Chinese Sausage Fried Rice with Egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 Chinese sausages sliced
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 4 cups long grain or jasmine rice cooked and chilled
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix thawed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions white and green parts sliced
- Sriracha or chili garlic sauce optional
- In a large wok or skillet on high heat, melt the butter and add in the eggs. Scramble and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the eggs onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add oil, Chinese sausage, and onion. Stir fry for 5 minutes until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Toss in the rice, peas, carrots, garlic, seasonings. and eggs.
- Stir fry everything together for 5 minutes until the rice is heated through. Make sure to break up any clumps of rice while frying.